PIck a Trip

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day, America!

I have to admit, I'm kind of jealous of everyone in America today. Probably 95% of folks back home spent last night gazing up at the sky, either on a blanket or comfy lawn chair, admiring bursts of lights with intermittent sounds of booms, whistles, and cheers. Sipping a cold one, eating a hot dog, and wearing an American flag bandanna would have been a pretty great night. But, the three of us here didn't forget about our homeland's independence and we tried to have a mini-celebration too. We baked the most American dessert we could think of-apple pie. And because we didn't have a grill to cook it ourselves, we decided to go out for a little BBQ goat. It was a nice celebration but also a reminder of how I miss home.

I hope everyone had a very Happy Fourth of July...and if there are any fireworks left over, shoot one off for me :)

No comments: